Friday, February 6, 2015

I Love My Running Routines

One of my favorite books to read to my son and daughter is the "Pete The Cat" series.  If you don't have kids or haven't read these books to your kids, the book is about a cat named Pete and no matter what happens in his life, "It's all good."  I wish I could be as cool, calm, and collected as Pete The Cat.

To me, that is one of my toughest problems.  I run on a schedule, literally and figuratively.  If my schedule changes at the last minute in any way I get a little anxious (and my wife would say that's an understatement).  And I am working my way to better at adapting to change.  And why do I have to worry about it?  Ninety-nine percent of the time it all works out.  I think I worry too much and think that I won't be able to run at all.  Worst case scenario is I'll run a little later.

Lately, I've been trying to change that.  Have a more positive outlook not just about when I go out for a run, but on everything.  "What's the plus side of doing x?  What is the good reason for this last minute change?"  Or just act like Pete The Cat and just say "It's all good."

No comments:

Post a Comment