Thursday, April 23, 2015

Boston . . . Maybe One Of These Days

I don't consider myself a fast runner.  I don't consider myself a slow runner either.  I'm (pardon the pun) "even Steven".  As much as I love to run and as much as I want to be faster, it's a tough road to travel.  I know what the key is.  I know how to get there.  I just don't put in the effort.  I watched those runners on Patriots' Day cruising through Boston like it was nothing.  I don't necessarily want to be at the front of the pack, but I want to be there.

I have a marathon bucket list and Boston is on it.  Starting next year (I will be in a different age group), I need to shave 20 minutes off my marathon time to qualify.  That's a lot.  I know it can be done and I know I have it in me.  The quote goes, "You can do anything if you put your mind to it."  I believe that.  You should too.  Anything you do in life, dedicate yourself to it and I guarantee you will make it happen.  I am going to make Boston happen -- probably not next year, probably not the following year, but one day I will.  I will be there at the starting line knowing I put my mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment