Thursday, January 29, 2015

Throwback Thur-- . . . I Mean . . . Every Day!

I moved back to my home state of Florida from the Northern Virginia area in July.  Never move back to Florida in July from . . . ANYWHERE.  Move back in December or January or right before that big snow storm hits.  It just makes sense.  It was bittersweet leaving Virginia.  While I moved closer to family and down to MUCH warmer weather, I was sad to leave many aspects of my life including all my running routes.  I fell in love with running in Northern Virginia -- accessible paved and unpaved trails, unbeatable scenery in the Fall, and (you might not agree) runs after a snowstorm.

And ever since I've moved back to Florida a strange phenomenon started to occur -- throwbacks.  Throwbacks to my routes in Northern Virginia.  A turn in the trail here.  An unimaginable hill there.  Random insignificant throwbacks to my routes.  What the heck was going on here?  Nostalgia -- a sentimental place in time that make me happy.  Go figure.  And every single throwback made me smile.  I loved it.  And still do.  It keeps me happy, keeps me motivated, and encourages me to discover new routes in my new city.  Because I want those nostalgic throwbacks too.  I want to smile when I think about that view of the beach from the Clearwater Causeway.  Actually who wouldn't be happy about THAT view???  It's gorgeous.  Especially at sunrise and sunset.  Go ahead.  Let those throwback images pop in your head.  I guarantee you'll be happy they did -- especially on your toughest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment